What exactly are Network-enabled Devices (“NETDEVs”)?
NETDEVs are logical entities, which are encapsulating a device, a complex sensor unit, sensor grids, or a group of such components into one logical unit. NETDEVscan be equipped with built-in intelligence by incorporating an extensible set of internal modelsfor e.g. fast ramp-up, optimal process execution, and maintenance or quality assessment.Suchinherent functionalities can be added to the NETDEVs by component suppliers and provide the following advantages:
- Customer and application tailored device setup
- Dynamic extension of devices according to the specific needs
- Standardized common interfaces for devices, sensors and sensor grids
- Encapsulation and exploitation of specific know-how of the supplier
- Optimized in-process quality control